Monday, November 11, 2013

Happy Accidents

I have experienced lately some wonderful "happy accidents."  I'll call them blessings.  I recently found it necessary to change one aspect of my book.  During some brain storming with my daughter about how to adjust the plot we came across some hidden meanings within a character's name.  Those meanings lent themselves perfectly to the needed changes.  All things came together, just as they needed to.

These "happy accidents" are certainly not the exclusive right of writers, but they happen to us as we go about our day.  We can't make it to the store one day, only to find the item we were looking for went on sale the next day when we were finally able to go.  Or even looking at more mundane matters - my child may not have made it quite to the toilet before throwing up, but at least he wasn't still in his bed in the midst of dozens of stuffed animals and toys.  (That would not have been fun at 1 in the morning!)

This journey of life is full of challenges; I won't deny that.  But there are many things along the way that make things bearable if not better.  For those things I am grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment