Friday, December 14, 2012

Christmas Vacation

I have about a week before I leave for a family gathering, a Christmas vacation.  And while my writing routines cannot possibly stay the same, I know I will write.  It's not that I have a deadline to keep.  It's not that I can't afford to take off.  (This is kind of odd for a writer anyway seeing you are not getting paid by the hour but by the product.)  It's simply that I can't not write.

Thoughts constantly swirl in my head.  Where is the next story?  What are my future characters up to?  Do they need me yet?  Can I reach out to them and lift them up?  It's not possible to allow them to hang in suspended animation just because I am having fun with my family.  And so, I know that while sugar plums dance in my children's heads, I will be writing and putting on paper the sweet fruits that originated in my mind.  And sweet dreams to you too.

No comments:

Post a Comment