Friday, June 28, 2013

Simple Pleasures

Sometimes in life we look for the "big" moments.  We celebrate graduations or weddings, for instance.  We do this as writers too.  What is the big reveal?  And these things are important; we look forward to them and think back on them.

But, in my latest travels and adventures I have one favorite memory that surpasses all others.  One day, towards the end of  my visit with my daughter, I took my granddaughter outside their apartment.  There in a little breezeway I blew bubbles with my sweet little girl.  I blew and she chased for probably fifteen minutes.  She would run and say "bubba" while reaching to pop the bubbles within her reach.  At times they would drift too high, but she would stretch as if by some magic they might get close enough to pop.  We were both smiling, lost for a moment in time.

Life would not be complete without these simple, but treasured, pleasures.  Hopefully my novel will have these simple, but treasured, passages that bring reality and humanity to my words.


No comments:

Post a Comment