Monday, June 10, 2013

Vacation?

This will be my last blog for a couple of weeks.  I will not be at home, and while I'll have my computer with me for part of that time, I won't have the time to write a blog.

You may think since it's summer that I'll be on vacation.  Well, not exactly.  I'm looking at it as gathering information, doing research, if you will.  To start with I'm going to see my daughter, her husband and my granddaughter.  I'm excited about that and one special day we have planned.  But the rest of the time we're going to be helping her either pack up her belongings and move them or clean and paint the new place.  Maybe I'll get to do both!

(I must apologize here.  Because it suits the purpose of my blog, I'm not presenting this in a very good light.  I actually volunteered to help my daughter with her move and I only wish I could be there longer to help more.  But putting it the other way makes for a better story, don't you think?)

So, after I return from my daughter's, I am home for a very short time, and then I get to go camping with a bunch of 12-17 year old girls!  I haven't been camping this century!  I slept in a cabin a decade ago, but a tent . . . I don't even recall!  (Okay, so I volunteered, but other than that, I'm not sure how to spin this one.)

In the end, let me assure you I'm not abandoning my "post" here.  The next couple of weeks will be interesting.  And in the end, I should have some great "material" (code for good stories and especially tired, dirty, etc. stories), and some I'll share here.   We'll see what turns up.

No comments:

Post a Comment