Monday, December 23, 2013

The Importance of a Satisfactory Ending

The more books I read, the more I come to accept that for me it's all about the ending.  I have read books that were hard to put down, but then I got to the ending only to be sorely disappointed.  That conclusion was enough to turn my opinion upside down about the whole book!

In life, what I hope for most, and strive to accomplish, is a happy ending.  When all is said and done, will my life have been one that brought more happiness or more misery to others?  Will I be able to stand before my maker and look Him in the eye, or will my gaze be downcast instead?

When I am crafting a book, the ending is one of the first things that I imagine.  Then everything in the book builds, leads, grows to that conclusion.  I believe I have taken the same approach in life!

No comments:

Post a Comment