Monday, April 7, 2014

Really?

I'm going to tell you a story.  Only, unlike most of my written stories, this one is true.

My family recently found a new dentist.  She practices a few towns over, however our towns being what they are, that's not actually very far away.  Her office is located on the second floor of a three of four story, square building, older yet still functional.

My husband and I have both gone to this dentist, and we took our seven-year-old son there, as well.  So, far this doesn't sound like much of a story does it?  But, I promise, this information is all relevant.

Not so long ago, a sting was conducted on a prostitution ring that caught some, now embarrassed, government officials.  You guessed it, it was being conducted on one of the floors above our dentist office!

Really?!

One of my favorite things that I learned about writing fiction is that everyone has a secret, and so the writing is all about how you reveal those individual secrets.  But I wonder, in real life, if I actually want to know all of those secrets!

No comments:

Post a Comment