Wednesday, April 24, 2013

It's a Conspiracy

Has a good book ever kept you up at night?  I've spent many a night reading "just one more chapter."  But there are also those books that keep you awake thinking about them.  Whether it be a scary passage or a thought provoking one, you might lay in bed not able to put your brain to rest.  

In that last few days, I've had to face the fact that I will not get a good night's rest until I've finished writing my book.  I go to bed, but then I lay there for an hour or so writing conversations in my head or planning twists, turns and revelations.  I have a pad of paper on my nightstand where I jot down ideas as they come.  But, lately I haven't used it, because the thoughts are just too long.  I am going with the hope that I will remember enough in the morning.

So, given the above trend, a few nights I have just decided to give into the urge and stay up late writing.  The house is quiet and I am alone, undisturbed.  It's a great time to write.

But either way this book is keeping me up nights.  My own book seems to have conspired against me - haunting me until it is finished, disturbing my sleep and taking over my life.  And it's not even a horror story!

No comments:

Post a Comment