Friday, September 6, 2013

Drops of Dew

Early in the morning, as if by magic, little drops of dew can be found resting upon blades of grass and porch railings.  While there was no hint of them the evening before, there they are.  And later in the day they will burn off leaving only a trace in our memories.

Little drops of inspiration come to me in the night.  I have no idea when these thoughts will come, and unless I find some way of keeping them in my memory, they will quickly dry up and disappear.  So, I keep a notebook and a pencil by my bed so I can capture them, remember them, use them.  

Much of my current book came to me in just such a manner.  In the morning, I was able to convert my scribblings into the full fledged thoughts they begged to be.  The chef I recently interviewed keeps a notebook handy for ideas he has.  I know of others who have thoughts and ideas blossom in the night. It's a wonderful gift, like manna from heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment