Friday, September 13, 2013

Sick Days

 Today is one of those early fall days - the air is crisp and the leaves are showing tinges of color - and my boys have colds.  School is back in session, so while learning abounds, so do germs.

I can't say that my youngest, the one staying home from school, is that sick.  He's not even the sicker of the two boys.  But when you are in second grade compared with tenth grade it's not that big of a deal to miss a few days of school.

So, he's home watching movies and playing sword fighter (with himself).  He appears to have more energy than I do (and I'm not the sick one).  He is an authentic seven-year-old and I am an authentic somewhat-older-year-old.

If you've read my blog much you know how much I love writing.  And this illustrates a little of why.  I get to write different people, some are young and some are old, some are kind and some are selfish, some are honest and some are devious.  It is fascinating and challenging.  But that's what makes it so rewarding!

No comments:

Post a Comment