Friday, May 31, 2013

To My Dad (and my Mom) (and my husband)

My dad is having some outpatient surgery done today.  So, my thoughts are with him.  I'm wishing I could be there with him.  I'm wishing I could be there with my mom and dad and help them like they have helped me so many times over the years.  But my own family needs me as well.  Unfortunately, we can only do so much at one time.  It's just a matter of picking what exactly it is we do with that time.

I would like to pay tribute to my parents in regards to that.  They have taught me, especially by example, how to make good use of time.  They have shown me that we should always be engaged in a good cause. Neither of my parents are shrinking violets.  They are both talented, intelligent people who have put their energies over the years into many good endeavors.

They and my husband have taught me to believe in myself, and that if I put my mind to it I can accomplish much with the time I have been given.  If it weren't for the three of them I wouldn't be writing a book.  I might still be penning a short story here or there, but I wouldn't have taken on the monumental task of writing a book.

So, thank you, the three of you, for helping me have the desire and gumption to write.  It makes all the difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment