Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Election Day

Now, let's get this clear.  This is a writing blog not a political one.  But can you really resist capitalizing on  election day for a tightly contested presidency?  I'm not even going to try.

So, how does this relate to writing?  I have begun to muse on how much of oneself does an author actually put into his or her writing?  Surely our experiences shape what we write, our views on certain issues, even what settings we may employ.  With all of that, can the author retain some anonymity?  Do she even want to?

Here then is my question.  If you don't know me, can you tell from what I have written who I would prefer for president?  Are there any clues along the way?  I can assure you I am not a fence sitter on this issue.  I definitely have a preference.

If you think you have picked up on any clues in my writing, I would love to have you comment.  Tell me who you think my choice for candidate is and why you think that.  Even if you do know me, can you discern anything from the written word?  What do you think my writing reveals.  I will respond to comments . . . tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment